Medical Device QA – Work From Home Tips
Rook Quality Systems has always been a virtual/work from home company utilizing co-working and other tools for our business. With the COVID-19 outbreak, we wanted to share some of our favorite tools for working efficiently while remote with other Medical Device companies that are transitioning to remote work.
1. Slack – an instant messaging platform for group and individual messaging. We use this for all non-email communication. It’s a great way to keep in touch and get quick answers to questions.
2. Monday.com – After trying multiple task tracking tools and software we ended up using Monday.com and have loved it so far. Easy to track tasks based on priority, date due, owner. Easy to read color scheme and integrates with slack.
3. Zoom – Another widely used tool that I’m sure many are aware of. This is the best video conferencing tool available and really essential for remote working. Also integrates nicely with slack for ad hoc meetings. We have also completed multiple external audits via zoom without any issues.
4. Timeneye – For companies that need to track hours or time spent on certain projects timeneye is a great tool with lots of customizable options.
5. Greenlight Guru – Being that we work exclusively with medical device companies on their quality system an eQMS is the greatest work from home tool you can have. We love Greenlight’s ease of use, simplicity, and design that helps improve QMS efficiency remotely!
We also implement company-wide daily check in in calls via zoom each morning. We use these to answer questions, check on daily work and goals, and prep for upcoming meetings or audits. Please reach out to us if you need any assistance.
Kyle Rose, President of RookQS